Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I always make sure I eat breakfast at home. Being a busy professional I have an early start so I need a breakfast that is quick, nutritious, and since I won’t get to eat again for atleast a few hours I need a high protein!
These healthy breakfast pancakes are perfect. They’ve even been kid tested and approved!
Here is what I do to help make the morning breakfast a little faster:
1. In a bowl: Mix 1/4 cup oats, 2 tbs raisins, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp ground flax
2. Add 4 egg liquid egg whites to the bowl and mix it all up, couple splashes of water so its not lumpy but still congeals
3. Heat a pan over medium, spray with coconut oil spray, spread the oat/egg white mixture in the pan evenly
Then I go get changed (Note: I can do this because having done this recipe for so long I know how long it takes and don’t have to watch it. For YOUR first few times may be good to just be on standby).
4. About 4 minutes later when the sides are cooked (not liquidy) take a flipper and flip it over. When you lift it up it will all lift as one piece and is easy to flip. Then let it cook for another minute.
I then take the pan, flip it on to a plate and while its hot put a tablespoon of peanut butter on. As the pb softens, it’s easy to spread.
If I’m in a rush I’ll fold it up and eat it, but if I have 5 minutes I will sit down and eat it with a fork.
Here are the benefits of making this breakfast
1. Very high in protein (this should actually be #1)
2. Low glycemic (sugar)
3. High fiber (oats, flax)
4. HEALTHY & Easy
5. It’s DELICIOUS
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and I will get to it ASAP