This morning I made one of the fastest breakfasts of all the breakfasts in my repertoire (healthy ofcourse)! With 25g of protein, these oatmeal protein pancakes are a great way to start your day to kick start your muscle metabolism, balance blood sugar levels, and fight cravings that would occur later in the day with a low protein breakfast or worse no breakfast.
You can definitely add things to spruce it up (i.e. blueberries, greek yogurt, banana, raisins or other dried fruit, splenda) but this is the base recipe.
I say this is for women because it is low in calories. If you a fitness person (man or women) you will definitely want to add things (see bottom for what I topped with) or even double the recipe.
(Nutrition Information is at the bottom)
– 4 tablespoons (just under 1/3 cup) plain oats
– 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
– 2 tablespoons almond milk (I used unsweetened)
– 1 egg & 1 egg white
– Pinch cinnamon
– Few drops coconut oil OR Pam Spray
1. Break the eggs in a bowl. Beat with spoon until mixed
2. Add oats, protein powder, almond milk, cinnamon
3. Heat pan to medium, grease with coconut oil or spray with pam.
4. Pour batter into pan. Wait about 2 minutes until sides and top start to firm up. Once the pancake is ready to be flipped, flip it over and turn heat off. Let it sit in the pan for about another minute.
(I spread PB, berries, and pumpkin seeds on top. If I had bananas I would have sliced one up on top of the PB)!
Nutrition information: Pancake, not including toppings: