We all know and hear “EAT MORE VEGETABLES.” We also know they are good for us, but sometimes we still need a little more incentive to partake in this rabbit-like behaviour. Read up and then eat up!
1) Vegetables are naturally occurring, hence they go through no food processing or pasteurization. They can retain their high nutritional value. Especially vegetables such a Spinach, Bell Peppers, and Kale are high in antioxidants.
2) Vegetables are dense and contain high water content. The high water content is not only hydrating for our cells, cleansing for our kidneys, but also for those looking to clean up their eating habits, incorporating vegetables before or during your meal is a great way to keep you full and give you something to munch on.
3) Great for oral health. The fibrous texture of vegetables actually scrapes remnants that form on your teeth and in your mouth. Consuming veggies and helps avoid plaque build up and fights bad breath.
4) Vegetables add flavor. Instead of using sauces that are high in sugar, sodium and preservatives, use fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro and mint and lemon/lemon rinds that not only add freshness to your foods but are also detoxifying and cleansing for our circulatory system.
5) Crunch factor : Instead of snacking on potato chips which are loaded with trans fats (and linked to Coronary Heart Disease) try things like carrot sticks, celery and peanut butter, and snap peas. Also kale chips which are crunchy and guilt-free and contain only a little bit of healthy fat from the olive oil to make them crunchy
There you have it, 5 Reasons to eat more vegetables! Find the ones you like & try new ones!